Skilled Trades & FAQs
The cost for training at NATS depends on the program chosen and if you qualify for any financial aid programs. Prices for programs are listed below:
- Building Construction: $19,525
- Combination Welding: $15,575
- Commercial Truck Driving: $5,500
- Diesel Technology: $19,525
- Electrical Technology: $19,525
- HRVAC: $19,525
- Industrial Maintenance: $19,525
There are an ample amount of advantages to attending a trade school. From the quick training, spending a fraction of the money as college tuition, and hands-on learning to name a few.
That will depend on the program you enroll in and can be anything from a few months to a couple of years, which is still far less than college. If you know what you are interested in learning, check out our NATS program page for more detailed information.
Ramset® Powder Actuated Tool (PAT) license and OSHA 10 Safety certification.
Previous students have:
- Built a small house (8ft long x 8ft wide x 8ft tall)
- Built a chimney mock-up (brick-laying) and a building foundation mock-up (block-laying).
- Built an interior floor mock-up (tile and wood flooring)
- Built a door mock-up (door installation) and a window mock-up (window installation)
- Built a bathroom mock-up (plumbing and plumbing fixture installation)
- Build from scratch and install a cabinet (finish carpentry and cabinetry)
- Constructed a 1:12 scale architectural model (building plans and models)
- Built an 8ft x 8ft wooden deck
- AWS D1.1
- Boiler Code ASME 9 welding certifications
- OSHA 10
You will receive training in Stick, MIG, TIG, and Flux Core welding in our classes.
Yes, Oxy-Fuel cutting and Plasma Arc cutting.
Commercial Truck Driving
21 years old or older
The Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) Mandate has recently been put in effect by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the Department of Transportation (DOT) to create a standardized truck driving curriculum. By enforcing this curriculum in schools, they will train safer drivers. It requires an appropriate balance of classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel education for students. For people who are looking to obtain a CDL, it's important that they attend a driving school that is ELDT certified, or else they will be ineligible to take the CDL test at the DMV.
- Hendrickson Suspensions
- Bendix Brakes
- OSHA 10 Construction
- EPA 609 A/C.
Yes, upon fulfilling your diesel technician graduation requirements from NATS school, students will receive a $1000 voucher to pick their tools from MATCO.
Students can obtain certifications from the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) and OSHA 10.
Students can obtain certifications from National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER), EPA 608 Universal, OSHA 10, and various ESCO certifications are available.
Gas and oil forced hot air furnaces, air conditioning condensers & heat pumps, and air handlers.
- Maintenance Mechanics
- Maintenance Repairers
- Maintenance Engineers
- Building Superintendents