An Experienced Trade School in Baltimore
Deciding to continue your education brings a lot of choices and responsibilities with it. Whether you’re advancing from high school or returning to the classroom after a period in the workforce, selecting the best institution for your goals is vital to paving the way to a great future. North American Trade Schools (NATS) stands out in this regard, being an experienced trade school in Baltimore with a long history of student success.
Choosing North American Trade Schools as your source for vocational training means working closely with industry-veteran instructors in a hands-on environment. But just what is it about NATS that makes it such a great place to learn a skilled trade? Here are some of our highlights that show why the discerning student should select us among all other trade schools in Baltimore.
Trade Programs Offered
Coming to North American Trade Schools means being able to choose from a diverse range of skilled trades that can set you on a path to career success. See below for a complete list of our trade programs offered at NATS.
- Building Construction Technology – Those who select this as their skilled trade program will get a broad overview of construction techniques like roofing, masonry, carpentry, and interior framing and will learn what is required for supervisory roles.
- Combination Welding – In this program, students will learn a diverse range of skills to apply in successful welding careers, differentiating MIG, TIG, arc, and pipe welding techniques, among others.
- Commercial Truck Driving – Students of this program will train for their commercial driver’s license (CDL) while gaining knowledge and experience relating to numerous facets of the trucking industry, including inspection, safety supervision, and management.
- Diesel Technology – Adopting this program as your course of study means learning how to troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild diesel technologies, all vital skills that will serve you well in a booming industry. We also offer this course with a Commercial Drivers License add-on.
- Electrical Technology – This program prepares you for a career as an electrical maintenance technician by familiarizing you with industry-standard equipment like oscilloscopes, breadboards, and three-phase motors.
- Heating, Refrigeration, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Technology (HRVAC) – This program will give you the needed experience to become a skilled HVAC maintenance technician while also providing refrigeration training as part of the curriculum.
- Industrial Maintenance – This program will give you a thorough background in numerous industrial disciplines, such as plumbing, HVAC repair, welding, electrical work, and forklift operation.
All of these in-depth programs are designed to give our students a first-rate, detailed education. Our instructors have years of experience working within their industries and have both the technical knowhow and educational talents to guide students through challenging coursework.
Facilities and Equipment
North American Trade Schools utilizes a 40,000-square-foot facility and has 11 classrooms and multiple lab spaces for the hands-on portion of the training. Our CDL program has two practice ranges to train on that include many tractors and 45′ trailers to practice with. The rest of our trades have updated equipment for students to utilize, including:
- Hammer & electric drills
- Electric motors
- Plasma cutters
- MIG, TIG & arc welders
- Various power saws
- Commercial refrigerators
- Commercial air conditioners
- Gas & oil furnaces
Career Services and Job Placement
Another aspect that shows North American Trade Schools’ dedication to student development is our career services program. The services we provide in this program help students prepare for job interviews, resume writing, networking opportunities, and active engagement in a successful job search.
At NATS, we don’t just want you to walk away with a degree – we want to help you blaze a trail to a rewarding and fulfilling career!